We have our usual suspects in the bag like a water bottle and a towel together with your exercise gear. Admittedly no one really wants to be bogged down with a make up bag full of products. Here are a few necessities which I feel are essential for trips to the gym.
- Waterproof Mascara – Ideally one should workout without a face full of make up. As you sweat the make up tends to run and smear giving you an overall messy panda eyed look! This needs to be avoided at all costs. If you feel naked without any make up I find that when I exercise waterproof mascara is the absolute best. It helps open up your eyes and gives life to your face at the same time.
- Tinted Lip moisturers – This is another very workout safe beauty product. An application of your favourite tinted lip balm adds shine and a hint of colour to your lips whilst moisturising them. You can also pick up flavoured lip balms.
- Face Wash or Face wipes: After your workout you would have worked up a sweat. Pack a cleansing foam or gel which gently lathers. It is very important to rinse away impurities, sweat residue, excess oil from the skin. If you are in a rush and don’t have time to shower at the gym then I recommend using a facial wipes to clean your face.
- Dry Shampoo – If you don’t have the time to shower and wash your hair after a workout a dry shampoo can be a life saver. The oil absorbing powders and sprays in the dry shampoo will soak up sweat and grease whist making your hair smell fresh. They also add life to hair which has gone limp after a workout.
- Deodorant – An absolute must have shower or not! You will most definitely want to apply fresh deodorant after a workout. If you do decide to skip the shower then wipe under you arms with a moist towel to get rid of the stale sweat before applying deodorant. I generally prefer to use unscented deodorants as I find the scented ones can sometimes cause skin irritation.
- Face Moisturiser – Finally before you head out also make sure you have a moisturiser suited to your skin type which has an SPF 30 especially like myself if you live in a hot country! I find a tinted moisturise with a good SPF 30 works really well. Tinted moisturisers are great for evening out the skin tone and reducing the appearance of redness post workout.